Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rock Plaza Central

I just got back from the RPC show at the Picador in Iowa City, and liked it a lot, but was disappointed at the same time. Disappointed because Rock Plaza Central was only able to play a little over half an hour, due to time constraints. I thought it would be a late show, it was supposed to start at 9:30, there were 4 bands playing, and bar close is at 2. And of course, as shows usually do, this one started about an hour late. I'll write more about the other bands playing soon, maybe tomorrow, but I just wanted to quickly write about how impressed I was by Rock Central Plaza. They were tight, and enjoyable to watch, every member looked like they enjoyed what they were doing, making the music and entertaining the few that remained. They were one of the better live acts I've seen, even in an abbreviated set.

I'd write more, but I didn't sleep worth a darn last night, and have been running on empty all day long. So excuse me, I'm heading to bed. But not before giving a shout to my brother, who not only picked the Final Four correctly, he also chose the championship game match-up correctly. For him, I will be cheering on OSU. And because I hate Florida. thanks

No comments: