Monday, April 09, 2007

Post 100!!!

I figured for my 100th post, I'd make a list of my Top 100 songs. I'm sure I'm leaving plenty off of this, so there may be a "Top 100 list snubs" list in the future. These are in no particular order after the first 5 or so, they're just up as they came to me, songs by the same artist grouped together. I could've had a lot more of some bands, like the Beatles, or the Mountain Goats or Wilco, but I tried to limit myself. Look for more "100th Post Week" celebratory posts later in the week!
  1. Concerto de Aranjuez - Miles Davis
  2. Rhapsody In Blue - George Gershwin
  3. Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
  4. Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations
  5. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
  6. My Favourite Chords - The Weakerthans
  7. Watermark - The Weakerthans
  8. Aside - The Weakerthans
  9. Confessions of a Futon-Revolutionist - The Weakerthans
  10. Pamphleteer - The Weakerthans
  11. They'll Need a Crane - They Might Be Giants
  12. Damn Good Times - They Might Be Giants
  13. No One Else (acoustic version) - Weezer
  14. Say it Ain't So - Weezer
  15. New Noise - Refused
  16. Tannhauser/Derive - Refused
  17. Still in Love With You - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  18. Maddest Kind of Love - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  19. Death Dance of Omipapas and Sons for You - Of Montreal
  20. So Begins our Alabee - Of Montreal
  21. Old Familiar Way - Of Montreal
  22. Alone Again Or - Love
  23. June on the West Coast - Bright Eyes
  24. First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes
  25. Mango Mangue - Charlie Parker
  26. Au Privave - Charlie Parker
  27. The Things That Bind Us - Rock Plaza Central
  28. The Longest Time - Billy Joel
  29. The Decision Made Itself - Now It's Overhead
  30. Skeleton on Display - Now It's Overhead
  31. Forget the Flowers - Wilco
  32. Far, Far Away - Wilco
  33. Is That the Thanks I Get? - Jeff Tweedy live/Wilco
  34. Summerteeth - Wilco
  35. Acuff Rose - Uncle Tupelo
  36. Mr. E's Beautiful Blues - The Eels
  37. Grace Kelly Blues - The Eels
  38. So Says I - The Shins
  39. Australia - The Shins
  40. Battle of Who Could Care Less - Ben Folds
  41. Silver Street - Ben Folds
  42. The Proud - Talib Kweli
  43. Get By - Talib Kweli
  44. Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver
  45. Jam Eater Blues - The Mountain Goats
  46. Jenny - The Mountain Goats
  47. This Year - The Mountain Goats
  48. Source Decay - The Mountain Goats
  49. Alphonse Mambo - The Mountain Goats
  50. Car - Built to Spill
  51. Carry the Zero - Built to Spill
  52. The Weather - Built to Spill
  53. Fly Around - Built to Spill
  54. Stop Making Sense - The Talking Heads
  55. Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
  56. Minnie the Moocher - Cab Calloway
  57. Moon River - as performed by Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's
  58. Mood Indigo - Duke Ellington
  59. Holland, 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
  60. The King of Carrot Flowers, Part One - Neutral Milk Hotel
  61. Seven Stars - The Apples in Stereo
  62. I am John - Loney, Dear
  63. No One Can Win - Loney, Dear
  64. I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink - Merle Haggard
  65. Please Let That Be You - The Rentals
  66. The Way I Feel Inside - The Zombies
  67. She's Not There - The Zombies
  68. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - The Beatles
  69. Across the Universe - The Beatles
  70. Here, There, and Everywhere - The Beatles
  71. Hey Jude - The Beatles
  72. Revolution - The Beatles
  73. Absolutely Cuckoo - The Magnetic Fields
  74. I Don't Really Love You Anymore - The Magnetic Fields
  75. David - Nellie McKay
  76. Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
  77. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
  78. Janine - Soul Coughing
  79. Circles - Soul Coughing
  80. True Dreams of Wichita - Soul Coughing
  81. A Minor Incident - Badly Drawn Boy
  82. The Shining - Badly Drawn Boy
  83. The Other Side of Summer - Elvis Costello
  84. Alison - Elvis Costello
  85. That Day is Done - Elvis Costello
  86. Where it's At - Beck
  87. Devil's Haircut - Beck
  88. Black Tambourine - Beck
  89. Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet
  90. Suits Are Picking Up the Bill - Squirrel Nut Zippers
  91. Flight of the Passing Fancy - Squirrel Nut Zippers
  92. Myself - Kara's Flowers
  93. Bluebird of Happiness - Mojave 3
  94. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
  95. Muscatine - Mike and Amy Finders
  96. Trapeze Swinger - Iron & Wine
  97. Too Young - Phoenix
  98. Why Did We Ever Meet - The Promise Ring
  99. Afghan Whigs - When We Parted
  100. Iowa Fight Song - The University of Iowa Marching Band

2 comments:

H said...

How is it that you've had 100 posts already? I think I'm at 84, and I've been blogging longer than you. Not only that, now that you're having a celebratory week for your 100th, I can't have one for MINE because (even though I already had the idea before you hit the century mark) it will seem like I'm copying you. AND, I also was going to use "I don't want the world, I just want your half" as the title of one of my upcoming posts (no lie, a thought that came to me mid-week last week) but also now cannot do that.

First you stole my blog thunder by being a better writer, and now not only are you a better writer but you also write better MORE. I thought it was quality, not quantity but apparently I have neither.

I think I may use this comment as a post of my own later, and will probably go off on other tangents as well.

And yet, in spite of the fact that you are a better writer who writes more frequently, I cannot hate you. Not just because you're one of my boyfriend's best friends and one of mine as well, but also because you're just that kind of guy.

Michael Lazenby said...

Congratulations on post #100. Also, great music choices. I dig yo taste, G.

Holla,

Krazee Eyez Killa