Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Music for the day!

Today's band is one that I had listened to a while ago, then forgotten about until recently, when I heard the name Owen again. I stumbled across their/his myspace the other day, and reminisced. The band consists of Mike Kinsella, who has been involved in the Illinois/Chicago music scene in such bands as Cap'n Jazz, American Football, Owls, and Joan of Arc, some with his brother Tim. So he's been kind of influential in the whole Chicago "emo" scene, I guess you could say. I saw him in Ames a few years ago, when I was still living there. From what I remember, it was a good show, but I really can't recall the other bands. It may have been Pele and Appleseed Cast. Anyways, if you're into acoustic indie/emo music, and haven't heard of Owen, now's your chance. And while you're at it, check out Kinsella's other bands. Or, if you have heard of him, use this as a chance to catch up if you've lost touch. I know I did!

No comments: