Monday, April 23, 2007

Fun in the sun?

I think the music recommendations will go on a brief hiatus, I have a few things in mind for them. You'll see in the near future.

According to the local papers, between 10,000 and 12,000 people showed up for Senator Obama's rally yesterday, an impressive number if I may say so myself. Here are a couple of photos from the Press Citizen website.


There were a lot of people. The weather being nearly perfect helped that, I'm sure. It was a great setting, and a great day, I'm glad I was able to go, and not get a sunburn! I lathered up in the SPF 45 before I left, but usually that's not enough, if I'm out in the sun for any amount of time, I'll get a burn, thanks to the red hair and fair skin. You would think that I would learn and just carry around a bottle of sunblock, but I don't. I have been better in recent years, I haven't gotten burnt nearly as bad as my younger days. And it never hurts when I get a burn, it's sometimes a little itchy, but never uncomfortable. It just sucks because I look ridiculous, and then everyone has a comment, "oh, did you get some sun?" or "outside a lot this weekend?" Yeah. Thanks Captain. ("Yarrrrr, I'm Captain Obvious, and I thinks ye should've used some sun screen, yarrr")

1 comment:

H said...

My face didn't get burned because my makeup has sunscreen in it, but my left shoulder is SUPER red. So yesterday when Bill and I went to Casey's to get pizza after mass, and I was wearing a sleeveless dress, I found myself in a similar Captain Obvious situation with the pizza woman, who ended up going on and on and on about her motorcycle.