Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Jen Wood, you are my recommendation

I got today's recommendation by just clicking around on a few different myspace accounts, then going through their friends, until I stumbled upon Jen Wood's page. Now this will be a terrible aside, but I will tell it anyways. She reminds me of some female musician that I listened to a number of years ago, probably like 7 years ago. But I don't remember this female artist's name. For some reason I think it was Jen Wood. And it may well have been her, the name is familiar to me, but then, it's not exactly a unique name. Not that it's a bad name, it's a fine name. (see, terrible)

Anyways, I thought I'd get more woman vocalists in here, just to kind of even things out. I didn't want anyone to feel upset for sex inequalities in my music recommendations. Jen's songs are simple, sweet, and smart. (I didn't intend on the Three S's there, it just worked out.) Plus, she did a split with Tim Kinsella, brother of Owen's Mike Kinsella. It all relates, see? Makes it kind of seem like I know what I'm doing. And finding this connection makes me pretty certain that it was Jen Wood that I listened to and enjoyed all those years ago, so I'm glad that my searching today brought me to her. Yay serendipity!

No comments: