Friday, March 30, 2007

Today's musical guest

You may have heard today's band before, without even realizing. Rogue Wave has been featured on a number of soundtracks, including the movie Napoleon Dynamite and TV shows The OC and Heroes and Friday Night Lights. They've even done a couple covers that they have up on their myspace page, "All You Need is Luv" is their version of the song by the Beatles, and the Pixies' "Debaser." Those, however, aren't my favorite songs on there, their original songs are much better. They have a sound sort of similar to the Shins, not quite as poppy. They also share a label with the Shins, Sub Pop, also home to Loney, Dear, The Thermals, and the Fruitbats. (It looks like Sub Pop has the early lead for "Official Label of TPoL.")

the music recommendations will return on Monday! I'm going out of town tonight, to the lovely city of Muscatine, Iowa, to watch my mom's dog. So if I don't post, it's because I'm playing with Niles. I'll be coming back to Iowa City tomorrow night for the Rock Plaza Central show, so I'll let everyone know how that goes! Until then, have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Jad said...

Big fan of Rogue Wave since Out of The Shadow came out. Great choice!