Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tonight's meal

Tonight I made some whole-wheat noodles, tossed with some olive oil, cilantro, and a little basil. Simple, yet delicious.

Also, I decided to try to make some hummus since I have a few cans of chickpeas that have been collecting dust for a few months. I didn't have any tahini, but I was still pleased with how it turned out. I used my tiny "food chopper" (not big enough to be called a processor, it sucks) to mash up the chickpeas, then added some garlic, olive oil, Tabasco sauce, and cumin, then spread it on some toast. No pita bread was to be found, so I stole a piece of sourdough bread from my roommate. Sorry you had to find out this way, Daren. You can have some of it when you get home. For my first attempt, it turned out well.

(let me know what you think of this new feature to my blog... I can't decide if I like it or not, I don't know if people really care about what I eat. Maybe I'll only do this if I make something awesome or unusual.)

2 comments:

H said...

I like to hear about what you are eating. It makes me want to work up my bravery to try new foods.

Jad said...

I'm totally interested. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but your meal tonight was vegan (and so am I). Keep 'em coming. :)

p.s. Glad you liked The Morning Benders. They're a new favorite of mine as well.