Thursday, March 08, 2007

My daily music recommendation

So I'll keep this going daily for as long as I can, I've got about a week's worth of bands lined up, and probably more that I'll think of. But there's also spring break, which means that I'll probably have limited abilities to post. (All the better, I imagine, I've been going a little overboard on this recently, posting multiple times in a day...)

Anyways, today's band, The Thermals, hails from Portland, Oregon. I heard of them through my roommate Daren, who either knows one of the members of the band or knows someone who knows someone. They'll be in Iowa City on March 19th, and if I'm recovered from my week in the Cities up north, I'll be heading to the Picador. They're kind of an indie-pop-punk band, and they seem to have fun in their performances, based on some of the videos from their myspace page. I really enjoy their song "A Pillar of Salt," which seems to be their "big song" right now. They've performed it on Last Call with that one dude, and have a video for it that I highly suggest you watch.

Well that's it for now, I'm calling it a night. But you can be sure that I'll return during the day for some more of my wild and crazy antics!

No comments: