Sunday, March 04, 2007

My Night at the Movies

I went to see Black Snake Moan tonight with my friends Travis (not to be confused with my brother Travis) and Erin. With it not being my first choice of movies that I wanted to see this weekend (Reno 911!: Miami would probably take that distinction) and me not knowing a whole lot about it, besides it staring Christina Ricci's boobs, I had little to no expectations. I am pleased to say that I enjoyed it very much! Everything was well done, the only piece maybe dragging it down was Justin Timberlake's character. Not so much the character, I guess, but the actor. Now JT didn't do a bad job, he was fine, but it was hard to take him seriously some of the times. I kept expecting him to say "you other brothers don't know how to act (YEAH!)." So that was a little distracting at times, but not enough to really take too much away from the movie. Besides, Samuel L Jackson made up for that. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson. And that's a good thing. Christina Ricci was sexy at times, and cute and vulnerable at others, and her breasts were tremendous in their roles. Unfortunately, was once or twice when all I thought about her as Wednesday in The Addams Family. Awkward.

There were a few scenes that were rather intense, my favorite being one involving a thunderstorm. I don't want to give too much away, so I'll just leave it at that. This movie also had some funny moments, a few that were kind of touching, and some of SLJ doing his thing. While I may not share Travis' enthusiasm about it ("I loved it, I'm going to buy that movie,") I liked it enough to recommend to anyone looking to be entertained for a few hours. I think Kurt Looby would do the same. (He was sitting a row behind us, and I really wanted to ask him what he thought afterwards, but instead I decided to use the restroom. That's why I'd never make it as a journalist. I'd pass up an interview to pee. To be fair, I did drink approximately a gallon of Diet Coke over the course of the film.)

1 comment:

H said...

You mean to tell me that JT didn't sing "Dick In a Box"? How disappointing...I don't know if I'm going to see Black Snake Moan or not, now.

I can't believe you passed up the chance to chitchat with DON CHEADLE! It's not like you don't have plenty of conversation topics..."Did you like the movie? You were born on February 14th, 1984, right? So was my friend Haley. You should read our blogs. We write about you a lot. Yeah...did you know you look like Don Cheadle? And that you're on the All-Ugly Team?"