Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A new additions to my blog life?

It's rainy and cool here, which means. . . perfect Chris weather. Although I would prefer the temperature to be 5-10 degrees warmer, I'll make do.

Today has been another in a series of rather unproductive days. This past weekend and Monday I was too busy enjoying the weather, yesterday I just didn't feel like doing much of anything, and that's carried over today. I've gotten some reading done, but really haven't had the desire to do anything more, not practicing my sax or playing guitar or anything. I don't know what it is, if I'm just too spent from playing around outside, or seeing the end of the tunnel in Iowa City, or just being lazy. I can't even work on the blog entry I was planning on writing! This entry, if written, is going to be a pretty long writing, maybe broken up into different days. I really don't even know exactly what it's going to be about, but right now it's just based on observations of people around Iowa City. It's been exciting to me thinking about it, but then when I've been trying to put it into writing, it's turning out to be more of a daunting task than I had imagined. So we'll see if I'm able to coherently form my thoughts into a readable essay of sorts. I guess that's never really stopped me before, so why should it now? But look for the first installment in the coming days.

Something else that I'd like to start incorporating into my life, and thus into my blog, is cooking more meals, trying new recipes and experimenting with food. I've said that I want to try new restaurants, and will continue to do that when time and money allow. But a cheaper alternative is to make my own meals more often, and better meals than hot dogs or quesadillas. (although quesadillas are delicious. Why is cheese so good? And how does putting it on tortillas make it even better?) So I'll be trying to post more meal/recipe info on here, letting everyone know how things turn out, and maybe giving tips on cooking and whatnot. I consider myself to be an ok cook, I can make a mean pizza (ask Marin, Bill, Haley, etc.), and have a few other "standby" meals that I can whip up. But this is a time of growth, a time of new things for Flenker. And that's what I'm going to try to do. If anyone has suggestions on new foods to try, post them as a comment or email me or something, let me know. Or if anyone has any questions on foodstuff, I may be able to help out a little on that end, too. I've watched a lot of Food Network in my day, and have read a lot of cooking books and spent a lot of time hanging out in the kitchen, so I'd like to think I know my way around the stove/oven/open fire. Hopefully the first post in this new line will come in the next day or so. A lot of things to look forward to on TPoL!

No comments: