Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm not there...

If you see me wandering around town today, looking generally lost and confused, don't read anything into it. I'm just feeling totally out of it, as a result of taking some NyQuil last night and basically feeling rundown. For instance, I was standing on the corner of an intersection this morning, minding my own business. Of course, I didn't think to actually watch the signals to see when I could walk, so I stood there for probably about 3 cycles. There's a chance I'd still be standing there if a friend of mine hadn't come up and started talking to me, asking me why I was just standing there. Then, I was walking with him for about a block, totally in the wrong direction. That's just been my day.

I'm hoping I can get over this by this afternoon, the Iowa baseball team has a game starting at 3, which I've just found out is going to be a doubleheader, due to the rain in the forecast over the weekend. Which is exciting to me, the only thing better than one baseball game is two baseball games, but I'm kind of doubting my ability to make it through both of them. I guess I'll just play it by ear, and see how things work out. I'll try to post later tonight, to let everyone know my first impressions of the baseball team, because I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Also, I'll post later if I'm able to coherently function. That could be the interesting part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been like that ALL week! I missed my exit into downtown on Tuesday morning. Approximately how many times have I taken that exit?? Maybe go with 300 or so. . . NICE.

Anonymous said...

I just realized I should be signing my name otherwise. . . "No Balls Amanda"