Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pimping Boobs; also books and things

First, a thank you to The Boob Lady for linking to my little old blog. Not only linking, but adding an exclamation mark after my name. Flenker! I like it. Thank you, Ms. Boob. I enjoy your blog very much, you keep me entertained with your cookie/ear stories, and the always hilarious cybering posts. The Canadian thing is a big plus, too. And while I'm mentioning the exclamation mark, I will also take this opportunity to thank half the battle, who uses the mark in an arrow when pointing to the Politics of Lonely link. What does Flenker! do to deserve such good blog friends?

To continue some pimping, congratulations to Jad for your graduation! Really, I'm happy for you for a selfish reason, it means that you'll be posting more musical goodness more often!

Krazee Eyez Killa (I am your Caucasian), Lucy (a nice touch with your link here, "the flenker." Maybe I could combine them all. . . The Flenker!), and Minty (also a nice link, simply "Flenker." Understated, classy, true to the man himself. Also, Iowa City awaits), you are all my homies, and to you I say "word!"

And of course, the lovely H. Dear friend and co-conspirator. Much love.

In fact, much love, all around, to everyone! It may be the tail-end of Be Nice Wednesday, but no special day is needed! With blogger friends like you guys, it's pretty awesome all the time. Now keep writing stuff, so TheFlenker! can be entertained.

Now that all that's out of the way, I just wanted to pimp myself one last time, last chance for anyone who wants to join in the Great Blogger Mix CD Exchange! I'm going to send an email out to everyone participating on Friday, to let everyone know the addresses to send their mixes. Email me at flenker@gmail.com with your address if you want to be a part of the fun.

I haven't been doing very well reporting on the books I'm reading. . . I finished An Evening of Long Goodbyes and liked it very much! There's a definite mood shift about midway through, and the ending really got me. I won't give too much away, so you'll have to read it for yourself. I think H called it next, so anyone wanting to borrow it will have to wait until she's done. (Is a blogger book exchange in the works? Probably not.) The main reason I picked it off the shelf was the title, and the cover reminded me of that Old Spice commercial with Bruce Campbell. Plus, author Paul Murray was compared to Nick Hornby on the cover, so I was intrigued. I'm glad I grabbed it.

Now I'm reading through Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut. It's going by quickly, mostly because it's a hilarious book! I'll tell more about that later. I need to get some sleep now, tennis awaits me in the morning.

No comments: