Friday, February 16, 2007

A post about pants

I decided that this weekend will be a New Pants Weekend. I'm getting ready to go to work (as I type) and notice that my work pants have holes over the two front pockets, and probably one in the back pocket where my wallet sits. It saddens me, these are comfortable pants. Alas, they must be retired soon, and what better time to do that than the weekend immediately after I get paid? I just hope the new pair can live up to the expectations set by the old ones. Maybe I'll have to get two pairs! That would be crazy!

The thing I love best about my current pair of pants is that it has a little mini-pocket on the right side, just outside of the normal pocket. This pocket is perfect to slip my phone into, which delights me to no end. I don't know if that's what the people at Old Navy intended, but I applaud them nonetheless. I honestly don't remember buying these at the ON, but since their name is on my button that I just fastened (don't worry, my pants were on and zipped, just not buttoned. It's a comfort thing), it must be true. So maybe I'll have to go back there this weekend? Maybe Target instead. I don't know why I never shopped there (Target) much before, but now it's one of the first places I'll check. Maybe that's why I decided to head to Minneapolis over break... My sub-conscience wanted me to trek to the home of Target.

1 comment:

H said...

When I read the title of this entry I feared that it would be a post about your no-pants weekend the last time you came to visit Bill and me. Are these the same pants that spent half of said weekend in the freezer?