Wednesday, February 28, 2007

New albums coming in 2007

I was just kind of browsing around the internet, like I've been known to do, and came upon a site that has a list of bands releasing new stuff in 2007. Here are the ones that I'm most looking forward to, in chronological order when the date is listed, otherwise alphabetical. Dates and titles listed when known.

  • Bright Eyes (April 10, album named Cassadaga)
  • Wilco (May 15, Sky Blue Sky)
  • Animal Collective
  • Ash
  • Built to Spill
  • Band of Horses
  • Dexy's Midnight Runners
  • Iron & Wine (August 2007)
  • The Magnetic Fields
  • The Polyphonic Spree (The Fragile Army)
  • Radiohead
  • Roxy Music

That's all I can find there. And that's not including the new Shins album, Wincing the Night Away, or the new Of Montreal, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?, both of which are extremely, extremely excellent, if you haven't heard them go listen to them in any (legit) means possible.

2007 is looking like a pretty solid year. I'm very excited about Bright Eyes and Wilco, two of my favorite bands, and I thoroughly enjoy the rest of the bands listed. How can you not be thrilled to hear a new album by Dexy's Midnight Runners??? Or the original line-up of Roxy Music, including Brian Eno?

No comments: