Friday, July 27, 2007

On your marks. . .

Well, the first round of stuff has been moved out of Iowa City and back to Muscatine, but I'm still a long ways from being moved out. Something that's going to make it even more fun is running 7 miles in about 9 hours from now. . . And I can't wait!




Tomorrow is the 33rd running of the Quad-City Times Bix 7. The race gets its name from Bix Beiderbecke, a pretty incredible jazz musician from Davenport, IA. Last year was the first time I had participated in the race, as a walker, this year I'll be running it. My dad's up for his 17th run tomorrow, an impressive number to me. I hope that I'm able to make it back that many times!

Sorry this is such a short post, but I need my sleep! I'm pumped up to use my new shoes and to sport the headband again, plus a new purchase today that I'm hoping will help me top the photo from last year, if possible. (here's the photo from last year, along with a more in-depth write-up of the Bix!)

I'll report back tomorrow if I survive. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR RUN!!!!

I knew about the Bix 7 before I read your blog.. How cool am I?

Not very, I know.

--Minty

Flenker said...

thanks Minty!

You are very cool, even cooler for knowing about the Bix!