Monday, July 09, 2007

A post for the road

I'm in Muscatine right now, using my mom's old computer. I'm pretty sure it's the only computer out there still running that's older than mine. But hey, it works.

Anyways, this will probably be my last post for the next couple of days, since I'll be heading south to Arkansas. I'm looking forward to this sort of mini-vacation, even if I'll be moving a bunch of stuff around. I need a little break from Iowa, one where I don't have to worry about anything or pay for anything (thanks Mom!). Who knows, maybe it'll put me in the mood to actually start packing my own stuff up and getting ready for my move.

Now that I mention my move, Adam and I have a tentative schedule worked out for the big trip to Austin. Everyone's going to be coming here (somewhere) for September 8th, going to see the Iowa Hawkeyes' first home game of the season, and then rocking out Iowa City-style, one last time. Adam's going to be most likely flying up to Minneapolis since it's ending up a lot cheaper to fly in there than anywhere near here, but luckily he'll be able to hitch a ride down with either Haley or Jim, or both if they carpool. We'll hang out here a few days to make sure everything is squared away, then we'll head to Kansas City on either the night of the 11th or the morning of the 12th, catch a Royals/Twins game, and meet up with Charczuk, hopefully crashing at his place. From there, we'll go to Dallas to meet up with some of Adam's friends, stay there, and go to Austin the next day, right in time for the Austin City Limits festival! Perfect timing! At least, that's the plan. We'll see what actually happens.

But alas, I should hit the sack. I'm going to be waking up in about 5 hours, then hitting the road. I hope everyone has a wonderful time, I'll check in if/when I can. Much love to everyone.

1 comment:

Point Dexter said...

Have fun!