Sunday, July 29, 2007

fare thee well, IC

Well, this is looking like it'll be my last past as a resident of Iowa City. I'm going to be spending the rest of the night and (hopefully) all day tomorrow packing and moving, so my time needs to be spent on not blogging.

I just wanted to thank Iowa City for everything, it's been a great place to live for the past 4 years, a city that I know and love.

There will be a more reflective post later, but I just thought I'd make a quick little post, acknowledging my departure from one great city.

This means that most likely, there's going to be a little lull here around TPoL. Don't fret, I'll have plenty of free time in about a week. Between now and then, I'll be pretty busy, including a Neil Hamburger performance and a trip to our nation's capitol. I'll check in when I can, and there will be a very, very special post coming in the near future.

Until then, enjoy yourselves!

6 comments:

Jad said...

Remember the good times! :)

standoutinacrowd said...

lol, flonker you finally got spammed.

Flenker said...

jad - I can't forget them! Unless I can't remember them. . .

stand - yeah, that's kind of weird. Oh well, just gotta delete it

Point Dexter said...

I'm sure its not the end of your misadventures. Take your memories with you and visit them often.

Anonymous said...

Gray Goose martini's, sake, big beers, and that damnable fruit drink! aaarrrggghhh, I have no memory!

Flenker said...

nicole - I think this is only the beginning of my misadventures

the crab - that's not a night that I'll soon forget, except for how we ended up with that last fruity drink, which I don't remember how we got. I knew I was over my head with that first Grey Goose martini. Deliciously over my head