Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's all happening so fast!

Things are going alright here in Austin, still trying to figure out the city and the strange on/off "ramps" that are only about 50 feet long, and the turnarounds and other stuff like that. And the 90+ degree heat, when it's in the 40's and 50's back in Iowa.

I'll have some pictures soon, but right now I apologize for not getting on here more often. I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the concerts that are coming up: Casiotone for the Painfully Alone on Monday, Animal Collective on Saturday, Rock Plaza Central next week, Regina Spektor soon, as well as Of Montreal, Maria Taylor, Rilo Kiley, just in the next month or so. And that's not even including the Austin City Limits Fest that's occurring as I type. Adam and I walked around downtown a little bit Friday night, and it was kind of impressive to hear live music emanating from just about every other bar we walked past. I don't think I'll be bored here. I just need to get used to the traffic and stuff. Oh, and find a job. But I've gotten started on that, we'll see what happens.

For now, I've gotta get back to watching football to check up on the 49ers and my fantasy players. Like I said, I'll have some photos up soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW that there was something I forgot to tell you about! Texas driving can be a real experience. You just have to learn about the "whoop it" lanes, as in, "Bubba, just go up here and whoop it around".

And wait till you get a nice little freezing rain! Then driving is a real treat.