Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Congratulations Barry!


Tonight, Barry Bonds hit his 756th home run, breaking the record and becoming baseball's all-time leader. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've been a fan of his for years, since I saw him play in a game when I was visiting San Francisco in '93.

I'm glad that espn2 was showing the game, and that I was home to watch. As soon as the ball hit the bat I started jumping up and down and cheering to myself. I'm a dork like that. And I thought it was a very nice gesture by Hank Aaron to have pre-recorded the video.

Anyways, congrats to Barry, here's to a few more, and maybe reaching the 3,000 hit mark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonds was 3 for 3 (double, single and the HOMERUN) scored 3 runs, and had an RBI!

Idea #527 said...

I personally am conflicted with the whole recorded breaking. Yes, he did hit that many homeruns. However, how many of those homeruns were hit b/c he used steriods. Would he be able to have hit that many homeruns without enhancement drugs?

I think of how many Hank Aaron hit without enhancement drugs. And Babe Ruth was an alcoholic and think of how many he hit. He was definitely doing things that would be prohibiting from doing well.

It just conflicts me. . .

--A