Monday, August 13, 2007

Chico/Pussiliah/Snowball/Lilly

Here are a couple of photos of my brother's housewarming gift from his girlfriend:



Chico sitting on my lap




Chico napping on the couch




Chico yawning

(I'm calling her Chico, all of her other names are in the title of the post. I'm sure eventually we'll settle on one. And I think the last photo is hilarious, she just happened to yawn as I was taking her picture.)

Travis's house is pretty amazing. It's a huge house, with a nice backyard, and in a great neighborhood. We met the neighbors to either side last night, both of whom seemed really nice. And then we had some delicious Casey's Pizza. I don't know if many of you have experienced the wonderfulness that is a pizza from a Casey's General Store. If you live in a small town in the Midwest, though, you know what I'm talking about. They are seriously some of the best pizzas I've had from any place, let alone a gas station. Unfortunately for me, there were never any Casey's in Iowa City until recently, when they bought out HandiMart, but none of those places had the capacity to make pizzas. Luckily, there are about 30 locations in Cedar Rapids, so that was the obvious choice for dinner last night.

Today is being spent preparing the yard and house for the new addition to the family. My mom and step-dad are getting a new puppy next week, a Weimaraner that they've named Kenna (Gaelic for beautiful). So we've tilled the yard and are going to level the area where the kennel will go, and all sorts of other fun stuff to do in the 90+ degree heat, with the near-80% humidity. But I'm thinking of seeing if Wal-Mart is going to be doing a midnight release of Madden tonight, because those midnight releases are always fun. Otherwise I guess I'll have to wait all the way until tomorrow morning to get the game! Yikes!

9 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I wish your mom & step-dad lots of luck with the new dog. They're going to need it.
:0
Dang those Weimerainers (sp?) are cute, but holy cow, My BFF has one and I've never seen a more high-maintenance dog in my life.

The cat is mucho cuteo.
They really should call her Chico.

H said...

Gosh, PLSCF sure is cute.

And oh how I love Casey's pizza...and, thanks to you, I'm thinking about ordering pizza now. Remember my plan? To have Simon start delivering so I would start cooking things at home and eating more healthily? I DON'T THINK PIZZA WAS PART OF THAT PLAN!

When I have my quadruple bypass when I'm 27, I only have you to blame.

standoutinacrowd said...

don't buy it at wal-mart

Lucy Doughty said...

Chico (the eventual name, I hope), is the cutest cat. I made an audible "awww"-like sound when I saw the yawning pic. Best wishes to Travis and gf!

Also, I love the name "Kenna" and what it stands for... your folks have good taste! :)

Hannita said...

Puppy! How I want a puppy! But then they grow up to be dogs and I don't really want a dog. And Kitten! Love me some kittens. And then they grow up and I've already got two of those things and one is sort of mean. I find something incongruent about naming a girl cat chico, but that's just me.

My friend Jen swears by Casey's donuts. We almost always stop so she can get one when we're in Iowa.

Point Dexter said...

Aww. *girl moment* Ha. Glad to hear your brother is doing well. Always nice to settle and find a home, wherever that may be.

How's Madden?

Flenker said...

whiskey - I'm really pushing for Chico, but I think my brother has other ideas

h - I'm not the one who made you actually eat the fried cheese, I just said it sounded like a good lunch!

stand - I know, I try to avoid that as much as possible

lucy - what can I say, my mom knows how to pick names!

hannita - Casey's donuts are also amazing, it's true

nicole - you're allowed girl moments, it's ok. As for Madden, I'll put that up in my next post. . .

H said...

Chico is so cute!

Half the Battle said...

kittens! that last picture would make a great lolcat photo!