Monday, February 25, 2008

Move over Flying Burrito, there's a new (airline-themed restaurant) sheriff in town

Sweet sassy molassey, I think I had one of the best lunches in a long time today. I met up with my brother and went to Flying Weenie, a hot dog place that also sells gyros and ribs and some sandwiches. I'm so so sorry that I hadn't eaten here yet. It seems like a good place to go eat every day, the people at the counter were so extremely nice, the food was freaking delicious, and the atmosphere was incredible. My brother's been there a number of times, to the point where the lady at the counter knows his name. I'm jealous of him. I want to reach that status.

I had today's lunch special: the "double play," two dogs, with everything on them (onions, sweet relish, kraut, ketchup, mustard, pickle spear, peppers, and tomatoes) with fries and a drink. Holy crap. It was amazing. Travis got the gyro, which looked mighty delicious. I may have to get that next time. There will be a next time.

The decor is awesome, with an airplane sitting on top of the building, and all sorts of flight paraphernalia inside, including an engine block from a plane, some planes made out of soda pop cans, some arcade games, posters, and even a few Beanie Babies that were for sale. The only thing I can complain about is the distance from me. It's not like it's very far from home, only a couple of miles. So really, there's no problem with it.

Except on days like today, where the temperature is hovering right around 32 degrees, the rain is falling, and things are getting icy. But hey, at least the temperature is supposed to continue dropping, and then 5-8 inches of snow fallows! I imagine we may get an inch or two, but 8? I'm skeptical. Nevertheless, I prepared myself to be confined to the house for a day or two. On the way back from lunch, I stopped at the store to get some essential survival goods. Beer and cookie dough. I should be set.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I told you that place was awesome! Did you sit at the pac man game?!

Idea #527 said...

Is that in CR??

My favorite place there is the Blue Strawberry. It's a coffee shop. They have awesome baked goods (caramel chocolate chip cookie bar=YUMMMM) and great coffee. PLUS they have this panini that has cheddar and muenster cheese with asparagus and tomato on it. It's AMAZING!!!

Erin said...

The Blue Strawberry is AMAZING!! I plan as many work meetings there as I can :)