Sunday, November 02, 2008

Dear History,


Click here for more videos from Vote For Change

Here in Kansas, us voters are able to go to the polls early, and lucky me, one of the early voting locations is about 4 blocks from my apartment. I voted last Monday, during one of the "down times" they had - I only had to wait in line for an hour. And while some people around me were kind of talking out their ass about things, some facts just straight wrong, and things that just plain didn't make sense (example, word for word - "You can get cancer from having too many genetics." WHAT?!?!? I don't even know where to start with that, let alone what it's supposed to mean), everyone was pretty positive about things, and seemed to be on the same page, everyone was hopeful. It was pretty great to see that in a state like Kansas. Of course, I don't imagine it's the same west of here, the exception being Lawrence. I mean, Sam Brownback is a senator here.

Anyways, this is just a reminder for everyone to go out and vote on Tuesday, if you haven't already via absentee ballot or early voting.

Also, sorry for the infrequent posting. I've been kind of "busy," insofar as I've been "doing stuff" and not "writing blog posts." Like playing guitar. Or going to see TV on the Radio, for free, on Halloween night (pretty sweet, I'll probably have to do a post on it). Or other things that I don't quite want to go into detail on here yet. I feel bad, though, I'm not just neglecting one blog, but three. And today's laundry and football day, so I don't know if I'll get any more done than what I already have. Life is hard sometimes, you know?

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

Don't feel bad- I have the energy to put together the occasional blog post, but as far as keeping up with everyone else's?
Not so much. I'm a very bad, bad blogger lately.

I so wish we had early voting. I have to try and fit it into my day tomorrow, and I'll be at work from 7 a.m. to who knows when. I think I'll just bail early and hope I make it in time.

I worry about too many genetics all the time- I hear it causes syphilis too.